The Frog Lane Boys’ school was initiated by Dean Woodhouse with supported by subscriptions and by donations from the Conduit Lands trustees in 1803.
The brick building in the photo is thought to be designed by Richard Greene, a Lichfield banker, and opened in 1850. The school was closed in 1913 and the boys were moved to the new Church of England Central school.
A city map from 1989 shows tha location of the former school between Redcourt Road and Gresley Row.
The building was demolished and the area cleared in the 1990’s to make way for the new city centre development.